Aledo is a small city located in Parker County, Texas. The city of Aledo is completely landlocked with a total area of 1.9 square miles. According to the U.S. Census of 2016, the population of Aledo is approximately 3,760. Despite it's small size, Aledo, TX is the oldest city in Parker County.
The area that is present-day Aledo originally began as a farming settlement. When the Texas and Pacific Railroad brought a line through the settlement in 1879, the community slowly started to grow. It was the first railroad stop in Parker County and became known as Parker Station. In 1882, the community was named Aledo after Aledo, Illinois, the hometown of a railroad official. It was until 1963 that Aledo, TX became officially incorporated as a city.